Email marketing is considered one of the most effective ways to get connected with the target audience and is being extensively used by online marketers across the world. This is one of the most cost effective medium which gives relatively high return on investment. Email marketing is the easiest way to communicate with your prospects which need no technical skills and yields immediate actionable results. Check out 25 email stats that will open up new insights
25 Awesome Email Marketing Stat
- 44% of email recipients made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email.
- 33% of email recipients open email based on subject line alone.
- Roughly half of an email list will be active – either opening or clicking on emails.
- Subject lines fewer than 10 characters long had an open rate of 58%.
- Personalized subject lines are 22.2% more likely to be opened.
- For B2B companies, subject lines that contained “money,” “revenue,” and “profit” performed the best.
- 64% of people say they open an email because of the subject line.
- 7 in 10 people say they made use of a coupon or discount from a marketing email in the prior week.
- 39% of marketers have no strategy for mobile email.
- 72% of B2B buyers are most likely to share useful content via email.
- 56% of businesses say they plan to increase their use of email marketing in 2013.
- Monday emails had the highest revenue per email.
- 27% of consumers were more likely to say their favorite companies should invest in more email.
- 1 in 2 marketers use animated gifs in their email campaigns.
- This year, about 84% of all email traffic will be spam.
- Email ad revenue reached $156 million in 2012.
- Emails that include social sharing buttons have a 158% higher clickthrough rate.
- Women click 10% more often than men on mobile emails.
- Email marketing spend grows 10% year over year.
- 40% of B2B marketers rated the leads generated by email marketing as high quality.
- For every $1 spent, $44.25 is the average return on email marketing investment.
- 82% of consumers open emails from companies.
- 64% of decision-makers read their email via mobile devices.
- There are 3.6 billion email accounts in 2013.
- By 2016, the number of email accounts will reach 4.3 billion.
Happy Marketing !